If you’re a jack-of-all-trades who likes working outdoors and troubleshooting – have we got great news for you!
We’re looking for an on-site maintenance technician who can be presented with a challenge and find a creative solution. We need someone with an eye for detail and pride in seeing a job well done.
A requirement of this position is that the Maintenance Worker lives on site.
We have 12 cabins on a beautiful, forested riverside property (5 acres) with an award-winning brunch restaurant, Fergie’s Cafe. The work is full-time, with some on-call hours to supplement income.
What we offer:
- Affordable accommodation available on-site
- Eligibility for extended health benefits and dental benefits
- A fantastic workplace environment and culture
- Gorgeous riverside location
- Opportunities for continued growth
- Discounted stay in cabins for friends and family
What we need:
We’re looking for an all-around, jack-of-all trades to help keep our property in tip top shape. We need a hard-working individual with a passion for troubleshooting and fixing things, an eye for detail and who takes pride in seeing a job well done. A requirement of this position is that the Maintenance Worker lives on site.
- Daily property maintenance of Sunwolf Riverside Resort & Fergie’s Cafe
- Continual grounds maintenance ie snow and ice removal, chopping wood, cleaning gutters, weeding and garden maintenance
- Basic carpentry, assisting on-going building projects managed in house
- Liaise with Guest Services, Housekeeping and Fergie’s Cafe to ensure streamlined operations and customer satisfaction
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety work practices, maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety
- Weekend and some evening work required, plus on-call shifts to respond to out of hours guest requests and emergency needs
- Promote and adhere to our sustainable operations, in line with our Green Tourism Certification
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings.
- Working knowledge in multiple trade functions such as framing, drywall, decorating
- Carpentry and/or plumbing knowledge an asset
- Experience safely operating power tools and other maintenance equipment
- Confident taking measurements and calculating amounts of materials needed for construction projects
- Ability to complete all tasks in a timely manner, working independently or as part of a team
- A driver’s license with clean abstract, and comfortable driving trucks and trailers
- Experience operating Skid Steer an asset
- Experience and competence in maintaining machinery and equipment
- Physically demanding, out in all weather conditions. Ability to lift, push, pull, move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to fluently speak, write and read in English
- Must have Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status, or a valid work permit