Sunwolf COVID-19 Safety Plan – Updated November Nov 13th 2020
This document details the measures Sunwolf Riverside Resort has put in place to ensure the physical well-being of our team, our guests and our community. Our goal with this plan is to create a workplace that is aware, committed and responsive to the new protocols, ensuring we support the Provincial Ministry of Health in reducing the risk of person-to-person COVID-19 transmission.
We are taking the public health orders very seriously, while also recognizing the importance of spending time out in nature. COVID-19 has rewritten the rules for all of us, and so we’ve added some new rules for our guests to follow during their stay in order to keep everyone safe.
- All work at Sunwolf will be carried out while strictly respecting the constraints of public health authorities and in accordance with government directives.
- Sunwolf COVID-19 Policy sets out our policies, rules, conditions and responsibilities to be followed by our team. We have consulted with team members to identify risks and implemented protocols to minimize the potential for transmission. All Staff are trained by managers on their respective COVID-19 safety protocols. All Staff complete a self declaration health check prior to leaving home and are not allowed to come to work if they are experiencing any symptoms, however mild. Furthermore, all Staff must have their temperature taken by a manager prior to commencing their shift.
- Staff are also instructed to stay away from the property if they are experiencing any symptoms or have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19. They must self-quarantine until the mandated quarantine period has been completed.
- Guests are advised not to enter our property if they have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- At the time of booking their stay, guests are emailed the Sunwolf COVID- 19 policies in place.
- Guests may only share a cabin with members of their own household. Guests may not invite any friends or family to visit them during their stay at Sunwolf.
- We have decided to temporarily close our front desk to support the health and safety of our team. In the meantime, we are offering a Virtual Guest Service Experience. We are here to take care of of our guests, just not face to face.
- Our office will be closed when guests arrive, however cabin keys and welcome information will be ready for collection inside the Sunwolf Reception. Guests will be advised prior to arrival that we require all guests to use a mask on entering the Sunwolf Reception in order to pickup their check in information.
- In addition to our usual high cleaning standards, enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols are now in place throughout our property to protect our guests, residents and employees, while also ensuring that they feel safe and reassured. Measures include increased frequency of sanitizing communal areas and high touch points; all cabin glassware and dishware are cleaned sanitized, even any items that appear untouched or unused; all hard surfaces in the cabin are cleaned and sanitized after check out, with special attention given to frequently touched items such as toilets, sinks, faucets, toilet flush handles, doorknobs, light switches, table, countertops, fireplace, fridge, stove and garbage cans; the cabin will only be open for check in, once inspected by the Housekeeping Manager.
- Check out time has changed from 11am to 10am, to give our Housekeeping Team extra time required to complete our enhanced sanitation protocols. We are not accepting any early check ins / or late check outs at this time.
- Physical distancing is the most effective measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Guests are required to maintain 6 ft spacing between themselves and any other guests who are not members of their household.
- The spread of the virus is limited by frequent, proper and effective hand washing, hand sanitation, and cough/sneezing etiquette. Staff are instructed to wash their hands at least every 30 minutes. Where hand washing is not available, hand sanitizer is provided for guests and Staff throughout the property.
- Flow in and around the Sunwolf Reception is strictly controlled. Entrance to the reception is only through the front door. The entrance from the deck is locked at all times.
- Sunwolf is not accepting any group or corporate bookings at this time. Guests are not permitted to use the meeting room in the lodge or undercover deck.
- To protect our team, there is no housekeeping service provided mid stay. Guests are advised to contact the office to arrange for linen or waste to be collected. Guests put the linen in the laundry bag provided, tie laundry and waste bags shut, and leave them outside their door for collection by the Housekeeping Team.
- Sunwolf Staff are required to wear non-medical masks at all times during their shift. The masks must meet the latest recommendations by the Provincial Ministry of Health, which will be communicated to Staff by management. The Housekeeping Team are required to wear masks and gloves when carrying out housekeeping duties.
- Twice daily, our team clean and sanitize all touchpoints in the reception area, lodge and office.
- NO CASH payments. Only touch free payment using the tap option whenever possible, and the POS is disinfected after each use.
The contact for COVID-19 related concerns is our General Manager, Vanessa DeNardo, who can be contacted by email at vanessa (at) sunwolf.net.
We are committed to following the steps outlined by BC Provincial Health and WorkSafeBC. We are continually monitoring and modifying our safety plan to prioritize everyone’s safety.
Thank you to our loyal community for your continued support!
Sunwolf’s COVID-19 Response0